The role holder is responsible for inspecting the fire inflicted field area within the assigned operations premises / facilities as well as inspecting Fire Systems and Equipment, such as Fire Alarm & Detection System Equipment, FM200 System, Fire Pumps, Fire Water Network System, Fire Extinguishers and Breathing Apparatus. The role holder also recommends corrective/remedial actions to cure the fire-inflicted areas as well as operational effectiveness of fire equipment and systems utilised by Kahramaa’s Maintenance Section.
· Attends to Fire System Emergency situations/accidents onsite, visits all the Kahramaa facilities/premises and locations in the assigned areas in accordance with an established schedule
· Investigates the cause of the accidents or incidents, determines the future course of action and acts as directed by the Supervisor – Fire System Operations by taking corrective steps and avoid recurrence of such incidents
· Conducts spot checks on the Fire Safety Systems/Equipment, such as Fire Alarm & Detection System Equipment, FM200 System, Fire Pumps, Fire Water Network System, Fire Extinguishers, Breathing Apparatus etc.
· Conducts spot checks on activities being undertaken by Kahramaa and or by contractors and ensures the work activities adhere Kahramaa’s code of practice and standards
· Carries out initial independent accident investigations and in the event of a serious accident, secures the area until the arrival of the investigation team
· Provides first aid to the victims who suffered injuries during the accident
· Assists Supervisor – Fire System Operations in troubleshooting Fire problems or resolving queries that arise and work towards protecting the assets/ premises on Kahramaa and control unforeseen damages
·Ensures the Kahramaa personnel and contractors adhere to Kahramaa’s safety rules and regulations and safe work practices
·Maintains various records and statistics on any accidents or incidents resulting from a breach of safety regulations, as well as inspection reports and surveys of facilities and areas.
·Inspects and supervises outsource inspection & maintenance contracts at various Kahramaa locations
· Prepares written inspection reports and submits to Supervisor – Fire System Operations so that remedial action may be implemented.
· Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department on securing and maintaining the ISO 9002 certification.
· Carries out and ensures the compliance of all activities within the Facilities Management Department are in-line with Kahramaa health and safety regulations
- Diploma or equivalent, preferable in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical & Industrial)
- Certifications in Fire Protection and Safety Management is preferred
- More than 6 years of relevant experience in a similar industry and/or position
General Services Department
25 . February . 2015