Apply to Job
Maintenance Technician - Fire & Safety
General Services Department
The role holder will be responsible for identifying and attending to all faults and issues that arise in equipment, instruments and facilities within the department. The role holder will carry out the maintenance works on equipment, instruments and f
The role holder will be responsible for identifying and attending to all faults and issues that arise in equipment, instruments and facilities within the department. The role holder will carry out the maintenance works on equipment, instruments and facilities as required. The role holder will ensure all equipment within his line of responsibility is operational. To undertake inspections related to all safety equipment and machinery and see too that the necessary replacements/repairs are done to the standards set.
· Undertakes scheduled inspection of all assigned installations and equipment inclusive of social facilities, accommodation and workshops and to check the condition of portable safety and fire equipment installed.
· Prepares written reports on inspections, findings and recommendations and submits to location supervisor and Fire & Safety Officer for implementation of remedial action. Attempts to correct situation on site when possible by organising/undertaking minor repairs, replacing of equipment and the like. Monitors situation to satisfactory conclusion.
· Assists in the preparations and conducting of fire training and safety lectures by arranging of equipment and fuel for fires.
· Undertakes maintenance of all mobile/portable fire-fighting equipment by arranging for and/or personally making repairs to branches, hoses & ancillary equipment. Completes maintenance of fire extinguishers. Checks work undertaken by subordinates and ensures maintenance of work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Undertakes maintenance of gas detection equipment by personally making repairs, testing and calibrating.
· Undertakes maintenance of various types of Breathing Apparatus, including repairs.
· Operates a personal computer which provides equipment maintenance reports, inspection check lists, spare parts check lists etc.
· Carries out other similar or related duties such as :
· Maintains safety documents until the satisfactory completion of work
· Identifies faults in equipment, instruments and facilities
· Uses necessary material, tools and requirement to correct faults
· Inspects equipment, instruments and facilities regularly
· Carries out regular maintenance on equipment and instruments
· Submits accurate records of equipment condition and related history
· Reports damages and faults that are irreparable to supervisor
· Performs emergency response activities as required
· Performs other related duties as needed upon request by the immediate supervisor
· Ensures completion of work on time and the proper use of tools and materials
· Supports in administrative functions in support of work unit such as preparing reports related to reported faults, rectified faults, timekeeping, materials support as required
· Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department on securing and maintaining the ISO 9002 certification
· Carries out and ensures the compliance of all activities within the Department are in-line with Kahramaa health and safety regulations