The role holder is responsible for providing legal counsel to all directorates/ departments/ sections of Kahramaa. The role holder is also responsible for supporting the Head of Legal Study and Investigation in developing guidelines, policies and procedures to guide all legal studies and investigations that are conducted in/ or are related to Kahramaa operations.
· Supports the Head of Legal Study and Investigation in the development of legal guidelines, policies and procedures for Kahramaa and supervises matters related to Kahramaa intellectual property
· Participates in the preparation and/ or review of legal strategies, legal documents and labour matters
· Ensures the effective implementation of the legal due diligence process in order to ensure legality in all operations of Kahramaa
· Provides inputs, legal opinion and counsel on all transactions in line with policies and procedures and provides legal approvals in order to minimise financial, legal and reputational risks
· Liaises with Head of Legal Study and Investigation to provide inputs to senior management on legal matters, emerging trends, developments and risk factors in the external legal environment
· Analyses and evaluates the legal impact of major decisions where the applicable law, regulations or facts of the case are ambiguous
· Supervises the formation of model agreements and provides legal advice with regards to claims and interpretation of agreements
· Provides advice related to the impact of national legislation on Kahramaa’s activities
· Provides support in managing the investigation of workers compensation claims against Kahramaa, including both fact finding and fraud investigations
· Provides legal opinion with regards staff problems, their rights and duties
· Provides legal opinion to other sections in the department regarding Qatari Law and the provisions of its application to concluded agreements
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Law
- More than 10 years of experience in legal counselling and leadership responsibility in a large organization with 4+ years of supervisory experience preferably in a large utility company.
Legal Affairs Department
20 . February . 2017